[AAUP-ULL-List] Meeting with Dr. Danaher/Other Dates for Fall 2017

Keith Dorwick kdorwick at gmail.com
Mon Aug 21 16:20:08 CDT 2017

Hello, all. Welcome back to ULL and a new semester!

First, thanks to Sheri Lazare, English, (a member of AAUP, and someone I'll
be nominating for the position of Secretary at the first meeting of the
year) for arranging dates to meet this semester.

Scheduled for the Dean's Conference Room, 1st Conference Room in Griffin,
12:30 pm, these are:

September 22, 12:30 pm: Membership Growth and Nomination of Ms. Sheri
Lazare to the position of Secretary; we can also discuss the meeting with
Gov. Edwards' Chief of Staff that is occurring Wed, August 23rd in Baton
Rouge. AAUP leadership from around the state (including myself and possibly
Leslie, if her schedule allows) are meeting. Please let me know your
concerns (besides the obvious: budget, budget, budget!).

October 20, 2017, 12:30 pm: Member's Concerns including Budget--while we've
been promised no cuts this year, we will have a clearer picture of any cuts
the legislature may impose.

November 17, 2017, 1 pm: Visit from Dr. Danaher, Provost (note the change
in time).

On November 17, 2017, Dr. Danaher will join us so that we can discuss his
vision of shared governance for UL faculty--and hear our concerns.

My first contacts with Dr. Danaher have been very pleasant, and I'd like to
build up AAUP a bit by then, so that we have a nice healthy crowd for him
on the 17th.

So--put down those dates. Clear your calendars! Be There!

Let me know if you have any questions.

Dr. Keith Dorwick
Professor of English
Editor, Technoculture (http://tcjournal.org)
The University of Louisiana at Lafayette
P.O. Box 43719
Lafayette, LA 70504-3719