[AAUP-ULL-List] Provost Joint Statement documents

Leslie Bary leslie.bary at gmail.com
Thu May 11 10:49:37 CDT 2017

George, would you actually be willing to keep the interim provost until
such time as we get an answer on the rejection of Alex-Assensoh that we are
all satisfied with?

Consider:

-- finals week is bad, but worse would be a hire made over the summer
-- people are tired of having an interim provost
-- a lot of people liked these two candidates: it would perhaps be
different if that weren't the case
-- if there is no hire, people start to get the idea that we aren't going
to, and stop applying for the job

I just don't think there is going to be majority or even strong majority
support for holding out, much though I understand the position.

Leslie

--
Leslie Bary, Ph.D.
Asst. Prof. Spanish / LAS

2016-2020 District V Representative, National Council AAUP
2016-2018 Secretary, Louisiana Conference AAUP
2017-2019 Vice President and Chair, Committee A, UL Lafayette Chapter AAUP

Department of Modern Languages
P.O. Drawer 43651
University of Louisiana
Lafayette, LA  70504