[AAUP-ULL-List] Social event/organizing strategy brainstorm Monday evening, 27 August

Leslie Bary leslie.bary at gmail.com
Mon Aug 20 20:59:58 CDT 2018

All,

Two LSU faculty, Brooks Ellwood (Prof. Physics, 1st VP AAUP National) and
Kevin Cope (Prof. English, Faculty Senate/AAUP) are coming to dinner at
Prejean's Monday, August 27, about 7 and would like to get together to talk
about organizing strategies and membership drives. I'm meeting them and
inviting any of you who would like to come. We'll find out what Brooks
learned at the recent retreat of the national executive committee, and see
what we might be able to do to increase membership and activism.

By then I hope also to have news of the possible visit from Christopher
Newfield of UCSB, author of *The Great Mistake*, on the defunding of
universities. This is tentatively planned for Thursday, October 25. This is
Chris: http://ihum.innovate.ucsb.edu/chris

I hope to see some of you Monday.

Leslie
2017-2019 VP, UL Lafayette Chapter, AAUP
2018-2020 President, LA Conference AAUP [this is the entity inviting
Newfield]
2016-2020 District V Representative, National Council AAUP

--
*Leslie Bary, Ph.D. | *Asst. Prof. Spanish and Latin American Studies
https://languages.louisiana.edu/academic-programs/spanish

Department of Modern Languages | P.O. Drawer 43651
University of Louisiana | Lafayette, LA  70504
Tel.: 337.482.6814 | Fax: 337.482.5446
Email: lbary at louisiana.edu | ORCID 0000-0003-1432-3348
<http://orcid.org/0000-0003-1432-3348>
Office hours SP 2018 F 9-12 and by appointment

Visit Louisiana Conference, American Association of University Professors
http://aaupla.org
Visit Latin American Studies Association
http://lasa.international.pitt.edu/eng/