[AAUP-ULL-List] Stepping down as AAUP Chapter President

Leslie Bary leslie.bary at gmail.com
Thu Nov 1 09:35:00 CDT 2018

Hello all,

Mark is stepping down as treasurer in April 2019 for similar reasons, and
Sheri's role as secretary is in flux while she also deals with such things.
I'm on partial leave because of my father's illness and financial issues.
While as V-P I'm the placeholder now, I will not be running for President,
Vice-President, or Secretary in April.

I was going to offer, for the 2019-2021 period, to serve as treasurer in
Mark's place. I can continue to chair Committee A, and I would really like
this committee to have more members.

I would like to emphasize that what we need is for the chapter to have a
structure. There does not have to be a great deal of work involved in being
a chapter officer, since the most necessary work takes place in committee
A. I hope we can compose an executive committee this spring.

In solidarity,

Leslie

--
*Leslie Bary, Ph.D. | *Asst. Prof. Spanish and Latin American Studies
https://languages.louisiana.edu/academic-programs/spanish

Department of Modern Languages | P.O. Drawer 43651
University of Louisiana | Lafayette, LA  70504
Tel.: 337.482.6814 | Fax: 337.482.5446
Email: lbary at louisiana.edu | ORCID 0000-0003-1432-3348
<http://orcid.org/0000-0003-1432-3348>
Office hours SP 2018 F 9-12 and by appointment

Visit Louisiana Conference, American Association of University Professors
http://aaupla.org
Visit Latin American Studies Association
http://lasa.international.pitt.edu/eng/