[AAUP-ULL-List] Swamp tour / dinner with Chris Newfield Saturday, 27 October

Leslie Bary leslie.bary at gmail.com
Sat Oct 13 15:30:58 CDT 2018

Dear all (and family/friends),

I attach some promotional materials (draft press release, photograph) for
Chris Newfield's lecture. Please feel free to use them if you are creating
additional flyers. At Lafayette, the talk is Thursday, October 25, at 5:30
PM in 112 Olivier Hall. At LSU, it's Friday, October 26, at 3:30 PM, Room
110 Paul Hébert Law Center. LSU's AAUP chapter has posted information and
directions here: https://sites01.lsu.edu/faculty/aaup/aaup-news/. Their
Facebook event, here https://www.facebook.com/events/2199999400240430/.
Please share with your networks! We'll have publicity materials for the UL
event out in the next couple of days.

In the meantime, I would like to know how many plan to come to the swamp
tour and/or meet us for dinner. I attach a form with a clear explanation of
the plan which I invite you to return. And/or, please let me know:

1/ Would you like to come with us on the swamp tour Saturday afternoon?
With how many people? (I want to make the reservation Saturday, 20 October,
so we can be sure plans are concrete.)

2/ Would you like to come with us to dinner Saturday evening? With how many
people? (I want to make the reservation Saturday, 20 October).

Thank you, and I look forward to hearing from you / seeing you!

Leslie Bary
President, LA Conference AAUP
--
*Leslie Bary, Ph.D. | *Asst. Prof. Spanish and Latin American Studies
https://languages.louisiana.edu/academic-programs/spanish

Department of Modern Languages | P.O. Drawer 43651
University of Louisiana | Lafayette, LA  70504
Tel.: 337.482.6814 | Fax: 337.482.5446
Email: lbary at louisiana.edu | ORCID 0000-0003-1432-3348
<http://orcid.org/0000-0003-1432-3348>
Office hours SP 2018 F 9-12 and by appointment

Visit Louisiana Conference, American Association of University Professors
http://aaupla.org
Visit Latin American Studies Association
http://lasa.international.pitt.edu/eng/