[AAUP-ULL-List] TRSL election

Leslie Bary leslie.bary at gmail.com
Sat Sep 1 13:16:28 CDT 2018

Dear all,

I've been asked to remind TRSL members of the current election for the
higher education seat on the board.
ccording to TRSL only 3% of eligible voters have participated in the
election as of yesterday morning. It is important to have a good turnout to
show that the members support the organization when they are speaking for
the members to state legislators. Any
hing you could do to communicate that to
TRSL members
would help the TRSL Board as it advocates for all of its members. The
deadline to vote is Sept. 10 at 4:30. For voting assistance:

   - *Website:* *trsl.zendesk.com
   <https://t.e2ma.net/click/9dnp3/pmowln/hoghng>*
   - *Email:**helpdesk at everyonecounts.com
   <helpdesk at everyonecounts.com?subject=>*
   - *Toll free:* 1-888-492-4763

Also, Richard Baker of LSU is running for this seat and asking for your
vote. AAUP has not voted to endorse anyone but I am happy to help bring
attention to the election and to his candidacy. It is very important that
the faculty representative to the board be a strong faculty advocate and a
strong voice.

Happy Labor Day!

Leslie Bary
2018-2020 President, LA Conference AAUP

--
*Leslie Bary, Ph.D. | *Asst. Prof. Spanish and Latin American Studies
https://languages.louisiana.edu/academic-programs/spanish

Department of Modern Languages | P.O. Drawer 43651
University of Louisiana | Lafayette, LA  70504
Tel.: 337.482.6814 | Fax: 337.482.5446
Email: lbary at louisiana.edu | ORCID 0000-0003-1432-3348
<http://orcid.org/0000-0003-1432-3348>
Office hours SP 2018 F 9-12 and by appointment

Visit Louisiana Conference, American Association of University Professors
http://aaupla.org
Visit Latin American Studies Association
http://lasa.international.pitt.edu/eng/