[Reliable_computing] sinc function for intervals

Ralph Baker Kearfott C00255736 at louisiana.edu
Sun Jul 7 07:22:08 CDT 2019

Alan,

I find your questions interesting.

Yes, I think a quality interval implementation of the sinc function
for intervals would be somewhat lengthy, but using straightforward
ideas.

As you may know, using the Taylor series IS effective near x=0, for
rapidly converging series such as that of sinc(x).

Yes, you can leverage the points at which f(x) has its local extrema,
provided you can compute these accurately.  You can combine that
with point evaluations of sinc(x) of known accuracy.

I would be willing to work with you on this;  feel free to contact
me offline.

Best regards,

Baker (Ralph Baker Kearfott)