[AAUP-ULL-List] results of AAUP local election now in!

Keith Dorwick kdorwick at louisiana.edu
Mon Apr 10 10:24:08 CDT 2017

Hello, all!

We had a meeting of the AAUP local chapter on Friday: here are the results of the election.

The following folks were voted in:

Keith Dorwick (English/College of Liberal Arts), President
Leslie Bary (Modern Languages/College of Liberal Arts), Vice President
Mark Smith (Management/Moody College of Business), Treasurer
Jonathan Goodwin (English/College of Liberal Arts), Secretary

Leslie continues as chair of Committee A and Lewis Deaton (Biology/Moody College of Business) is now one of the two members at large, called for by the constitution. All positions are two year terms.

We remain in need of another member at large, preferably from the College of the Arts, the College of Education, the College of Engineering, the Library, and the College of Nursing & Allied Health Professions (those in alphabetical order); failing that, another representative from the College of the Sciences would be great! If you would like to volunteer, or to help us spread the news, I'd appreciate that!

One of my goals as President is to vastly increase the representation of the AAUP local chapter across the entire university and all its academic units.

Dr. Keith Dorwick
Professor of English
Editor, Technoculture (http://tcjournal.org)
The University of Louisiana at Lafayette
P.O. Box 43719
Lafayette, LA 70504-3719