[AAUP-ULL-List] National election results AAUP

Leslie Bary leslie.bary at gmail.com
Thu Apr 19 09:55:11 CDT 2018

Dear colleagues,

Results of AAUP elections at the national level are in and first of all, I
would like to thank everybody from Louisiana who ran.

Brooks Ellwood of LSU will be the new Vice President, and Linda Carroll of
Tulane will join the Council as an at-large representative!

Kevin Cope narrowly lost reelection as District V representative, which I
much regret. Represented as well in on the ballot, for at-large seats, were
Sudhir Trivedi (Southern-BR), Vipin Menon (McNeese), and Jessica Doble (UL
Lafayette). I really hope everyone runs again, either for national council
or for ASC, because representation is important, and I am grateful to you
for running this time, because contested elections are important.

I look forward to working with everyone next year.

Leslie Bary
2017 Nominating Committee, National Council AAUP
2016-2020 District V Representative, National Council AAUP
2016-2018 Secretary, Louisiana Conference AAUP
2017-2019 Vice-President and Chair, Committee A, UL Lafayette Chapter AAUP

--
*Leslie Bary, Ph.D. | *Asst. Prof. Spanish and Latin American Studies
https://languages.louisiana.edu/academic-programs/spanish

Department of Modern Languages | P.O. Drawer 43651
University of Louisiana | Lafayette, LA  70504
Tel.: 337.482.6814 | Fax: 337.482.5446
Email: lbary at louisiana.edu | ORCID 0000-0003-1432-3348
<http://orcid.org/0000-0003-1432-3348>
Office hours SP 2018 F 9-12 and by appointment

Visit Louisiana Conference, American Association of University Professors
http://aaupla.org
Visit Latin American Studies Association
http://lasa.international.pitt.edu/eng/