[AAUP-ULL-List] Motion again the process naming a last minute provost

Keith Dorwick kdorwick at gmail.com
Fri Apr 20 10:23:52 CDT 2018

Hello, all. As you know the President has announced an extension to the
search for a Provost (on Wed) with campus visits to follow (on Monday).

This is an unacceptable procedure and practice. Several of us have worked
on a motion to come from the chapter to the UL Lafayette System President
(not our President, as we are also asking Senate to do that), and I attach
the text below as a pdf.

Could you please reply to this note with yes, no or abstain. While this is
admittedly against procedure, we can fix this with an official vote at our
next meeting but with a half week's notice sometimes we have to act in
urgency.

Please let me know if you have questions and please don't start new threads
by changing the subject line. For those of us who use Gmail, if you do
that, things get way confusing way fast!

Dr. Keith Dorwick
Professor of English
Editor, Technoculture (http://tcjournal.org)
The University of Louisiana at Lafayette
P.O. Box 43719
Lafayette, LA 70504-3719