[AAUP-ULL-List] Louisiana Conference AAUP Spring Meeting

Leslie Bary leslie.bary at gmail.com
Mon Apr 15 12:30:18 CDT 2019

*Please share with your membership*

Dear all,

The Louisiana Conference of the AAUP will meet April 27, 2019 at
LSU-Alexandria with ALFS, and everyone is invited -- lunch provided.

Agenda items from/suggested by me are:
- Report from committee working on resolution re funding and the public
good;
- Report from state conference Committee A and UL-L Committee A, perhaps
others;
- Designation of people to attend the Summer Institute in Chicago (long
weekend in late July, some scholarships for registration/lodging available
from AAUP National; conference will fund 1-2 people to about $500 each for
travel / incidentals and they are to bring back materials / news /
insights). *Please think about this if you or yours are interested in
attending. I'd like to see someone from the new LSU-A chapter go, and I'd
like to send my new chapter President who is recently tenured, but there
may be more people interested.*
- Report on spring meeting of ASC (Leslie)
- *Important*: report on / discussion of changes to AAUP structure at the
national level (Brooks, Kevin, Leslie)
- *VERY* important: credentialing of delegate or delegates to national
meeting in June; I am going and am willing to be credentialed to cast all
Louisiana votes but it would be beneficial if more people could come and
cast votes for their chapters. *My trip is covered by AAUP National since I
am on Council but we may want to give some financial support to others
willing to go. If anyone is going to be in or near DC anyway, we might
cover their registration and a hotel night, for instance, and encourage
them to come spend a weekend in town.*
See you soon --
Leslie Bary
2018-2020 President, LA Conference AAUP

--
*Leslie Bary, Ph.D. | *Asst. Prof. Spanish and Latin American Studies
https://languages.louisiana.edu/academic-programs/spanish

Department of Modern Languages | P.O. Drawer 43651
University of Louisiana | Lafayette, LA  70504
Tel.: 337.482.6814 | Fax: 337.482.5446
Email: lbary at louisiana.edu | ORCID 0000-0003-1432-3348
<http://orcid.org/0000-0003-1432-3348>
Office hours FA 2018 TR 1-2 and by appointment

Visit Louisiana Conference, American Association of University Professors
http://aaupla.org
Visit Latin American Studies Association
http://lasa.international.pitt.edu/eng/