[AAUP-ULL-List] Elections, January 25, 2019, 1 pm

Leslie Bary leslie.bary at gmail.com
Wed Nov 21 18:02:31 CST 2018

All,

I hope we can get a slate! I'm willing to run at the level of treasurer if
needed, and I can continue to chair Committee A. This committee is
organized and active, does effective work and could use more members -- we
can talk about that at the meeting, too.

FYI the state conference is active as well -- the next meeting is Dec. 1 in
Alexandria. Its website is here http://aaupla.org/ and is professionally
maintained / hosted. We can talk about a similar option for the chapter if
you'd like.

At the national level, the vice-president is at LSU, and there are council
members from Tulane and UL-L. There are some changes in the works that
you'll hear about in the new year. These will mean in part opportunities
for travel to the national meeting and institute.

I think it's  important our chapter stay organized as a formal chapter, in
part because of the work of Committee A and also for the sake of
representation at the national level. What I don't think is practical --
unless more people decide they want to get active -- is to try to force
ourselves to be super-active if it means getting overwhelmed.

I'd really like to see people volunteer to be officers, and I'd suggest the
officers take it easy if they need to.

Cheers,

Leslie
Chair, Committee A
2017-2019 VP and candidate for Treasurer 2019-2021

--
*Leslie Bary, Ph.D. | *Asst. Prof. Spanish and Latin American Studies
https://languages.louisiana.edu/academic-programs/spanish

Department of Modern Languages | P.O. Drawer 43651
University of Louisiana | Lafayette, LA  70504
Tel.: 337.482.6814 | Fax: 337.482.5446
Email: lbary at louisiana.edu | ORCID 0000-0003-1432-3348
<http://orcid.org/0000-0003-1432-3348>
Office hours FA 2018 TR 1-2 and by appointment

Visit Louisiana Conference, American Association of University Professors
http://aaupla.org
Visit Latin American Studies Association
http://lasa.international.pitt.edu/eng/